Sep 4, 2013

What Lack I Yet?



Matthew 19:21—“Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me.”

We have all heard the story of the rich young ruler and how he wanted to be rich more than he wanted to be saved. When I was doing my devotions in this passage of Scripture, I realized this story could be used in another sense as well: it could be used in affiliation with those who sell out to God.

After Jesus told the ruler to sell everything, Jesus commanded him to follow Jesus. The rich young ruler had to give up everything in this life before he could properly sell out to God. What is it that you are not willing to sell for God? Do you say there is not one thing you would not give up for God? Prove it. Tell God that you are going to fast in that area for one week. I love to read. If I wanted to prove to myself and to God that I love Him more than anything else, I would give up books for a week.

Don't give something up just to prove you can go without it for a week, or to prove some girl on the internet that you probably haven't met wrong. Do it to draw closer to God. Show God that you lack in nothing to follow Him. Only when we as Christians straighten up and make God the most important thing in our lives can we hope to change the world.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We hope that this blog has been a blessing to you! Come back soon! =D

 
MS2