Aug 16, 2013

The Fruit of the Spirit// LOVE

Galatians 5:22-23
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.


The first fruit is Love.

Love- to be pleased with; to regard with affection

John 15:12-13
This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you. Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Do you love others as Christ loves you? Before that question is asked, there is a more important one to ask: Do you know how much Christ loves you? If you don’t, you will not know how to love others.

          Jesus loves you so much that he sent his ONLY SON to die in your place. Do you know how much pain He went through for you and me? Do you know how much He suffered? Do you really understand? I must confess, I did not know the details until recently when I was taking a Bible class.  Christ knew EXACTLY what he was going to have to go through yet he submitted to the Fathers will because he loves us.

Luke 22:41-44
And he was withdrawn from them about a stone's cast, and kneeled down, and prayed, Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.  And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him. And being in an agony he prayed more earnestly: and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling down to the ground.

As he prayed, he was in extreme agony and stress because he knew exactly what was coming. Yet he submitted to the Father because he loves you and me. Jesus was spit upon, he was beaten, scourged, and hung on a cross all because he loves you and me.

Would you be willing to do all of that for someone else? Most of us would not. I don’t know if even I would.

John 15:13
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Do you love others as Christ loves you?






Gabrielle Joy is a 16 year old homeschool graduate, stay at home daughter, sister and friend. She loves to play her violin and serve those around her in any way she can. She lives life to its fullest and is always making people smile! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We hope that this blog has been a blessing to you! Come back soon! =D

 
MS2