Nov 27, 2013

Give Thanks

"Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ;"
--Ephesians 5:20

As a second semester freshman in college, I've heard many stories about how God came through for people at the last minute. Every time I hear another one I pray, "Lord, I want that kind of dependence on you. I want a 'last-minute, out-of-nowhere came my entire school bill' story to tell people about how great You are!"

Yesterday in chapel, the dean of students had us give testimonies. There were a couple, "I'm thankful for my salvation, I'm thankful to be here, I'm thankful for my friends." Then a first-semester freshman got up and said she hadn't thought she would be able to stay until December, because she didn't get support at home and she had absolutely no income, but someone anonymously paid her entire school bill. It was kind of funny, because the dean had pointed to her, but another student in front of her jumped up; this student allowed her to go first, and when the dean said he could speak, he refused. She gave such a powerful testimony that no one really wanted to go after her. Almost everyone had tears in their eyes before she was done. That's when I figured out God wasn't going to give me one of those stories. He only gives them to those who need them!

My dad has a good job, and he wants to take care of me. I am so thankful I can call my parents and they can give me what I need without worrying about what they're going to have for dinner this next week. I am thankful my dad has a good job after years of struggling for employment. Instead of desiring a story, I am so thankful I DON'T NEED ONE! PRAISE GOD!

What are you thankful for? There's always something, whether it's how God came through, or that He didn't need to. Maybe someone is sick; thank God that person is not dead yet. Did someone just pass away? Praise the Lord he is out of pain, or praise the Lord for the Comforter promised in John 14:26.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We hope that this blog has been a blessing to you! Come back soon! =D

 
MS2