Jul 27, 2013

Living Moment by Moment


Focus:
Ephesians 5:15-16 “ See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise, Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.”
Definition: 
Webster’s 1828 dictionary explains that “To redeem time, is to use more diligence in the improvement of it; to be diligent and active in duty and preparation or to capture it.” 
Quotable Quotes:
James 4:14 “ Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away”
Col. 3:23” And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;”
“Make each moment an investment in the future without making it a regret of the past.” Elsie

My Heart:

Are you redeeming the time?  Some of us waste our time reliving the mistakes and regrets of the past missing out on” SO MANY” opportunities of the present.  Others of us spend our time dreaming about the future even though there is no way for us to know exactly what God has in store for us.  Since changing the past is impossible and knowing the future is only available to God we are robbing ourselves and others of the present.  God wants us to learn from the past and plan for the future, but He has us living in the present.  Don’t miss the opportunities God has for you to bless others and to be blessed in turn.  I have been blessed by the moment by moment LIVING of two family members who diligently live every moment positively being thankful for Life in general as a gift in spite of their long and hard battles with cancer.  Another friend is PRESSING on in life even though a terrible accident left her with some very challenging issues. It has encouraged my heart as I have watched these and others joyfully living each moment to the fullest without dwelling on the past or living in the dreams of the future.                                                                              
Something to think about
Am I living in the present or somewhere in the past or future?  Phil. 4:13 tells us that we are to forget what is behind and press on.  In Col. 3:23 God tells us to do everything heartily unto Him.  Live each moment to the fullest realizing it may be leaving your legacy or it may be building your future.  LIVE LIFE MOMENT BY MOMENT HEARTILY FOR THE LORD.
 James 4:14   reminds us that our Life is a vapor.  Don’t delay you may miss your opportunity to bless and be blessed.

On your own:

What is God laying on your heart to do today?  Does He want you to visit someone in the hospital?  Does He want you to ask a widow if you can do anything for them today, or just spend an hour chatting with them?  Does He want you to bring someone a dozen homemade muffins or some flowers? Smile at the opportunity and let it encourage your heart as you follow the leading of the Lord.

////////////////////////////


I am Lynn Marie Crane (Eulian), born and raised in the mountains of Massachusetts. I spent most of my younger years engrossed in athletics, loving school and enjoying playing around in the fresh country air.  There was never a dull moment.  I have always believed that life is a precious gift from God, meant to be whole heartedly lived.  After graduating from Wahconah Regional High School in 1987 I completed a Bible degree and a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education.  In May of 1992, shortly before finishing my college education, I became the wife of Ken Crane.   Currently I am filling the role as Mrs. Ken Crane and mother of four ambitious children in the State of Michigan.  Daily life for me consists of keeping up with my husband, a teacher and coach in the middle school, and my four children ages 18 years, 17years, 16years and 18months.  I enjoy making sure that my 18 month old not getting into too much trouble as curious “ Sam” as he keeps me smiling with his new accomplishments, and sticking my nose is into the lives of  my older three children. Each one of them blesses my life with giggles, tears, and those “I never knew that” moments.  In the midst of such a busy life, my love of the outdoors helps me to appreciate an occasional few minutes resting on the couch listening to the sounds of the birds and crickets outside my window while breathing in the fresh breeze.  I am not sure whether I will have more or less time to enjoy those sounds with three high school graduates and an 18 month old all establishing  themselves in this world.  My husband and I love riding our bikes after dinner most nights.  It is a refreshing time of exercise and chatting on the bike trail for Ken, Sammy and I.  Another thing that I enjoy as a big part of my life is music. Listening to cd’s, my children playing their instruments or spending time playing piano or flute encourage my soul. I hope to be able to share my love of music with others as I strive to establish myself as a piano and flute teacher, giving private lessons in my area.   Some share their -“bucket list”- I think of it as my list of goals and dreams.  It is never too late to learn something new or add memorable experiences that will help us grow as a person.  Publishing women’s devotional books and children’s books; advancing my painting skills; and making my Spanish skills useful enough to help others are all included on my list. 

1 comment:

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! We hope that this blog has been a blessing to you! Come back soon! =D

 
MS2